Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Seriously?!? I just can't seem to get the hang of this whole blogging thing...

Hi Girls-

I'm just going to leave this right here...AGAIN...because it seems like I'm always doing this post. 

Jenny's Back...Tell A Friend...


OK...now let's move on...and let me tell y'all where I have been hiding. 
So, my last post was on May 20th...you can check it out here.  What's funny is that I was leaving for Charleston right before I wrote that blog and I just got back from Charleston on Monday (where I had an unbelievable time and I'll be posting about down below).  I also posted about buying tickets to the 'I Love the 90's' concert which is occurring this Friday {insert girl scream because I get to see Vanilla Ice}.  Oh and yeah for him being on DWTS which I DVR just so I can fast forward to see him tearing it up. 
Y'all, there has been sooooooo much going on in the 4 months.  I've gone on vacation, met a fellow single blogger friend (oh Katie I can't wait to talk about you), took a few more vacations, started traveling again for work, yet some more vacations, the celebrating of a number of birthdays and finishing the decorations for my downstairs.  I've been a traveling, party hopping, decorating fiend.  Oh and did I mention I did all this while on a weight loss journey!  47 pounds down as of this mornings--yes, you heard that correct...I've lost a second grader.

Good thing is that I've kept up with my Instagram (nc30grits if you don't already follow me) so that will be a good reminder of what I've actually been doing in case I miss anything. 

I'm going to be honest, I'm probably never going to be good at this blogging thing and that really is okay with me but every now and then I'm going to get back into the swing of things, catch y'all up on all the things going on in my life and then go MIA again.  I don't want to but you've seen the pattern.  Just know, I miss you all dearly when I don't blog and read about what is going on in your life (thank goodness for Insta & FB).  But...for now, let's just have fun and you beautiful gals just dust the past under the run and let's move on.

I am super excited that tomorrow is the first day of Fall.  Like for reals!  This is my favorite time of the year.  I love the leaves changing, wearing sweaters and boots and scarves, breaking out all of my favorite Fall scents from Bath & Body Works, sitting in front of bonfires, snuggling under blankets, pumpkin flavored everything and most importantly the change in weather from sitting in the fires of NC heat hell to something a bit more manageable...especially for my mane. 

Hells to the Yeah!
I'm written out my Fall Bucket list and I can't wait to dive into it...pumpkin carvings, hayrides, bonfires, oh my! 
 
So, what's up first?  I'm going to start from the beginning and work my way back because my memory isn't so great and I am just coming off of a most fabulous weekend in Folly Beach with the majority of my tribe members and one tribe husband.  And wowza, I just realized that I haven't blogged about my super amazing tribe.  Well, I'll get to most of that over the next few posts because of how cool the gals are, I HAVE to do a post about them by itself.  But first things first...last summer hoorah in Charleston, SC. 
 
 
Charleston is one of my most favorite cities (next to Nashville and Chicago).  If you haven't been, you should totally go.  I've been there 3 times already this year (once I actually blogged about here where I had my brush with fame with a couple of the 'Southern Charm' cast members) and another time back in May which I'll blog about later.  Charleston is such a fun town to visit and right on the outskirts is a little slice of heaven called Folly Beach.  I was fortunate enough to find an amazing Air Bnb condo right on the marsh that I can't wait to go back to.  Anywhoodle, this last weekend 3 of my besties and one husband ventured out to celebrate the end of Summer and get our last dose of Vitamin D before it becomes sweater weather. 
 
Oh, and here's my tribe.  Again, more on that later but I wanted to know who they were before I went any further.  Seriously, aren't these the most gorgeous girls you've ever seen?!?  Yes, I know I'm a little biased. 
L-R Jenna, Pamela, Elizabeth and yours truly...
 
Elizabeth had already committed to house sitting so she was unable to make it so as a fill in (and now a full member) Jenna's husband Baron rounded out our foursome. BTW, Jenna is a newlywed and I was her wedding director.  That will be a blog post too.  Back to the trip, I was a little worried about the weather because a tropical storm had made its way through during the week but it could not have been more beautiful.  I was the first to arrive, luckily before sunset, and was able to catch this amazing view. 
The rest of the gang arrived a bit later and out we went for a little night on the town for some oysters and cocktails and then back to the condo for a fun game of Cards Against Humanity.


 
Morning came and off we went to my favorite breakfast join in Folly, Lost Dog Café where I indulged in a Pimoso (pomegranate mimosa) that was super delish.  I had a pretty boring breakfast of bacon and eggs  (still good and their eggs are the fluffiest ever) but the others had breakfast burritos with green chile sauce and a quesadilla. 
Then it was off to the beach.  Have I mentioned how I love the beach?  If not, well I do.  And wowza, what fun did we have--other than the sunburn I managed to get in all the wrong places of my body.  There was sunbathing, jump roping, some champagne and beer drinking and the tribe husband managed to get in a photo shoot.  I'm sure you'll enjoy those pictures as much as we enjoyed creating them. 





 
 
I've had this bottle of Dom for about 15 years.  I always wanted to save it for a special occasion--which obviously never came about or what I considered "special".  Anywhoodle, I decided to live it up with my pals and we cracked this open.  Now, I am a lover of the bubbly and yes, it did taste less sweet than my $7.99 Andre Brut but I'm not sure I would know the difference if you were to put them side by side a month from now.  It was still good though!
Saturday evening was reserved for Auburn football.  Auburn is Pamela's alma mater and this gal is the football Queen.  Me, not so much, BUT if agreeing to watching football was the way to get her to commit to our last beach vacay well then, that was a sacrifice I was willing to make.  Plus, she's hell bent on schooling me on the game itself (insert eye rolling emoji).  We headed to St. James Gate Irish Bar for some bar food and football and for Pamela to hit on a pretty hot bar back named Mr. Donatello. 
 
My sunburn was started to be a bit bothersome so I scurried on over to the beach place next door to pick up some aloe and found this gem---who we subsequently named Albert and he became the mascot for the rest of the trip. 

 

 
Sunday called for breakfast made by the tribe husband (hey, he volunteered) but it was so sweet.  #husbandforone #husbandforall And it was back to football.  The Panthers were playing and the group was not about to miss it---especially Baron.  Loggerhead's was recommended by our Uber drive the night before so that's where we headed and it turned out to be the perfect place for us to watch the game.  Again, I made sacrifices.  But I had fun and I think I even surprised Pamela with some of my football knowledge. Afterwards, the gang packed it up and headed North.
 
Best last summer trip I've ever had with some of my most favorite people ever!  How did I get so lucky?!?
 
Alright, so come back tomorrow---like for reals, I already have it written :) to check out the decorations in my house as well as my Fall bucket list.


0 comments: