Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What's Up Wednesday...

Hi Girls-

OK, so yes I know I lied on Monday when I said to come back yesterday for another blog post.  As you can see that didn't happen...so onward and upward, at least I did one for the day.

I'm linking up with Shay, Mel and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday.

It's been forever since I've written one of these so I'm pretty excited about it.  The last Wednesday of every month these gals host this link up where fellow bloggers answer these questions.
So here we go, this is what's up with me today.
 
WHAT I'M EATING THIS WEEK:
A lot of bridal shower leftover foods.  And Boars Head Honey Maple Turkey which is a staple in my high protein diet.  But I am in the mood for soup and chili and all things that make Fall warm and cozy.  I'm also pretty excited to have gotten Shay's new cookbook and just placed my Harris Teeter online order so that I could get started on Andrea's Pulled Pork recipe (page 128 if you are curious).  I'll be eating it with broccoli slaw dressed in Ken's Steak House Light sweet Vidalia Onion dressing (since I can't eat it with bread).  I'll let y'all know how it is but I have yet to make a bad recipe from any of Shay's books.
This was me last night before I settled in---this book and 'This is Us'.  Y'all I can't even with this show! 
WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT:
Being back at the beach.  The beach is my happy place.  I love just sitting in a chair without any thoughts just watching the ocean and the waves breaking.  It is so serene and I love the sounds and the smells and everything associated with it.
This was over Labor Day weekend!  And these are my girls!

 
WHAT I'M LOVING:
Zoe's Chicken Salad!  OK, so I probably should have put this in my 'What I'm Eating' section but seriously Zoe's---you have my heart!  There are many days that I go just to get a side of their super delicious chicken salad or if I'm feeling hungry a half pint and just a fork.  As you can tell from this picture, this was me in the car picking up a tray for my bridal shower this past Sunday and I got a little extra just to eat on the way home. 
 
WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO:
Pinning lots of Fall soup/stew recipes (jennifermo if you don't already follow me).  Scouring all my cookbooks (I'm a cookbook collector...ahem hoarder) for Fall recipes.  Pretty much anything Fall related, I'm interested in it right now.

WHAT I'M DREADING:
The two back to back conference calls I have today.  Thank God I work from home. 

WHAT I'M WORKING ON:
My right hook! This has to be one of my most favorite pictures of myself currently.  I work out with a trainer 3 days a weeks and Monday is always tough for me--always!  And I needed to take out a little frustration on Monday and thankfully my trainer recognized that and set up BOB to help me out. 
 
WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT:
The wedding of this beauty right here on Saturday.  I'm not sure what we were laughing about but I love this candid shot.

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING: 
I wrote all about what I was watching on my Friday Favorites last week--you can check it out here but I'm reading two things right now.  Completely different I might add! 

I just got done reading Clint Hill's 'Five Presidents' and it was amazing!  So I am now onto an early book of his 'Mrs. Kennedy and Me'.  I typically am not a history interested person but the Kennedy family fascinates me along with the workings of the Secret Service for our government. 

And Amy Schumer---does there really need to be an explanation?!?  I think she is hi-larious and I put her book on the same level of Chelsea Handler (who I think I would be best friends with in real life if I could just run into her one time).

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO:
My current favorite channel on Pandora is Laid Back Beach Music.  It is a smathering of reggae, rock, all things beachy.  I love it!

WHAT I'M WEARING:
Workout clothes and pajamas mostly.  Because I work out in the morning and work from home, I typically come home post workout and go straight into my office.  Therefore wearing my workout clothes most of the day before I take a shower and put on pj's for bed.  Not super exciting.  Most of my current clothes are too big because of my weight loss (good problem to have) but I'm about to transition my closet to Fall/Winter shortly.  Yeah for scarves and leggings!

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND:
Outside of Carey Ann's wedding and after party (yippee), I actually don't have a lot planned, which is highly unusual going into the weekend.  But it makes me super happy! 
 
WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:
Marking things off my Fall Bucket List., ordering a new planner for 2017, one of my besties birthday, starting Sunday Dinner with my tribe, some planned work trips (working on Platinum status with Marriott for 2017), making lots and lots of soups and stews, pulling out all my Fall clothing, and planning my Christmas decorations (yes, you heard that right--my Christmas goes up 11/1).
 
WHAT ELSE IS NEW:
Everything (well at least to my readers) because it's been forever and I have so much to share.  Here's a sampling of what I'll be writing about coming soon.
  • Jenna's Wedding & Birthday
  • Tribe Lake Trip
  • Tribe Beach Vacay
  • Chicago Trip
  • Weight Loss
  • Pamela's Birthday
  • Children's Museum visit with my favorite kids ever
  • My Love Life (I know y'all are eagerly anticipating this one)
BONUS QUESTION--WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FALL FOOD?
Easy...soups, stews, chili--pretty much anything you can cook in a crockpot!  Comfort food at its finest!  I'm on the lookout for some low carb recipes so if you have any recommendations please send them my way.


OK gals--that's 'What's Up' with me this Wednesday!  Hope you have a super fantastic hump day!

0 comments: